Valentine's Day

A tribute to the little hands that hold the pieces of my heart.

Merik was sitting around making things. Something in that sweet little boy's mind made the connection that he had given Valentines to all of his friends and school, but I hadn't gotten one. So he went all out and made me an amazing valentine card that had a story and everything. He is such an awesome kid. He walks around saying "Mom, I need to give you something" and gives me a huge hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Malachi was talking to me today and he asked for something. I told him I didn't understand. He repeated himself. No comprendo. He changed the way he was asking. Still nothing. He put his hand to his heart, made a pounding gesture and said "Boom boom boom HEART Mom, where is my heart?" He was wanting his little heart box filled with chocolates. How funny that he has made that connection and that he knows what a heart does.

Leia and I went to go see "Percy Jackson and the Lighning Thief" movie after she read the book. She thought the movie was good, but was disappointed that it wasn't more like the book. Then she proceeded to tell me every detail that was missing from every scene and all the plot lines that had been dropped. Remind you of anyone?

0 comments: